13th July 2021
AI Boosts Operations In The Food Service Industry
In today’s modern age, artificial intelligence is starting to make a scene as it offers massive potential to the food industry business.
Aside from providing opportunities to reduce food waste, to handling customer orders, AI has stepped up and began to offer ways in streamlining the restaurant business.
But mind you, AI in restaurants is more than just robots taking orders, as it is all about offering software to help personalize customer service and make the operations within a business more efficient and accurate.
What’s Happening To Businesses Today?
Have you ever wondered how some of the renowned businesses have become today? Here are some things you should know:
- American chain BurgerFi offers self-ordering kiosks that are powered by Artificial Intelligence facial recognition, making it easier for customers to order
- The Tenzo AI platform in the United Kingdom is assisting famous brands like Pizza Pilgrims and Caravan to manage stock levels, staffing, and even sales forecasting better.
- Digital Menus and AI analysis for weather, time of the day, and even store transactions are being adapted by Starbucks and McDonald’s drive-throughs.
- CHLOE and Buffalo Wild Wings offer website pre-orders and reservations to streamline customer’s online experiences.
- HSBC and Sofitel Bangkok uses smart bins to track food, streamlining menus and purchases
Director of Foodservice and Consulting at JLL, Richard Moulds, shared that Artificial Intelligence has moved beyond just automating technologies, as it has offered strategies to streamline operations and even increase profit margins.
Indeed, AI processes will continue to contribute to positive and integral transformation to restaurant operations over the next few years.
How Is AI Helping The Food Service Industry?
Up to date, artificial intelligence has offered a wide array of benefits to the food industry. Some of which are the following:
- Sustainability of the supply chain and shrinking of carbon footprints as food wastage is being reduced.
- Improvement of agricultural harvest through monitoring gardens, offering restaurants the opportunity to go greener by growing their ingredients.
- Forecasting product demand
- Studying a restaurant’s sales patterns, helping make predictions of sales.
And a whole lot more!
Humans Working With Tech
Aside from merely adapting to artificial intelligence for business operations, restaurants must also invest in upskilling their staff.
This will guarantee that they understand the technology they will be using for their business, and gain valuable insights from the technology they will use.
Aside from that, understanding effective data types collected from tools and software is key to creating accurate predictions for the business, helping it optimize stock orders for wider customer options.
The Future Of Artificial Intelligence
As artificial intelligence is being adapted by more and more restaurant businesses, customers of the future can expect to experience personalized services enhancing the experience of eating out.
Who knows that someday, AI-enabled cameras could even do extreme tasks like analyzing parts of meal diners leave behind, or even have refrigerators that can detect expiring food and ingredients!
As customer expectation has gone through the ceiling over the years, artificial intelligence in the food industry commits to continue automating services to tailor personalized experiences that customers are looking for.